My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. Clausewitz
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Latest Comments
Log-in

Discussion Forum > Salami Slice-o-Matic

I've come up with a tool to use on projects it's especially useful for larger projects or ones that you're resisting. It's a combination of the dynamic list concept and no-list FVP, it's related to the halving method from Get Everything Done. Given a project with a goal you know at least in outline, start off the list with asking yourself:

"What would me in the right direction?"

With this as your root task, engage in repeated questioning and write down a list with:

"What would move me towards X?"

Repeating until it's doable, then repeat the question each time you complete a task, ala No-List FVP. As this is a dynamic list, you can edit it at any time, eliminating things that are no longer relevant, switch to different ways of processing it, etc.

As usual for dynamic lists, rewrite it each day. You can also do this off of a specific action that needs to be salami sliced, if you're using it with a more traditional dynamic list, you probably want to mark these tasks differently, with a dot or circle.
April 7, 2017 at 18:23 | Unregistered CommenterRyan Freckleton