To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Seeded No-List (updated)

Startup
1. At end of day, take a new sheet of paper and write down one thing you want to complete the next day. Draw a line under the item. This is your "commit list" for the next day.

Daily Process
1. Review the new sheet you started at end of the previous day.
2. Write down anything else on your mind that you want to get done.
3. Work through the items on the list in whatever manner you choose.
4. Add new items at the end of the list whenever you want.

At Close of Day:
1. Did you complete everything on your commit list?
2. If yes, consider increasing the number of items on your next commit list. You can also keep the number the same, or even reduce it if you want.
3. If no, consider reducing the number of items on your next commit list. You can also keep the number the same, or even increase it if you want.
4. Start a new sheet and write a new commit list for the next day.
5. Repeat the Daily Process.
May 17, 2017 at 0:15 | Registered CommenterSeraphim
One item?

1. start list.
May 18, 2017 at 19:44 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
That's a good start! :-)
May 19, 2017 at 18:54 | Registered CommenterSeraphim
This system has been going quite well.

I generally follow the system as written, but it's very flexible.

For example, if I don't have time to make my "commit list" in the evening, I can just make it the next morning.

If I find I finished my "commit list" early in the day, I can make a new one for the afternoon.

I typically have 3 items on my list. Usually it's one "current initiative" kind of thing, which can continue on the list for a few days. And then there are usually two other smaller things that are pressing for some reason.

If I know my day is going to be full of meetings or travel, I'll choose a smaller number of items.

I keep each daily list in my Moleskine notebook, together with meeting notes, ideas, agendas, dynamic lists for projects, etc. I love keeping it all in one place -- very easy to scan backwards to review notes and thoughts. To keep the basic system running, it's as easy as starting a new page for the commit list every day, and working from that list.

Anyway, it continues to give just the right amount of focus to be systematic; the "no-list" component makes it very flexible and responsive to the dynamics of the day; and it's fast and easy with no mental overhead at all. It feels more like a thinking tool than a task system.
May 27, 2017 at 16:14 | Registered CommenterSeraphim