To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > New Website

Hi Mark

I read your newsletter with interest and really liked todays issue. I am pleased to say that I do have my priorities right, but its taken me 55 years to get here! But really I just wanted to say how clean and clear the new website is. Great colour and format. I will add it to my favourites.
October 2, 2006 at 12:55 | Unregistered CommenterChristine Watson
Thanks, Christine. That's really good to know!
October 2, 2006 at 13:14 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Neat site!... I LIKE!! the best of all great wishes to you as you go foward with YOUR top priority Mark! Thanks for thinking of and helping the rest us!

October 2, 2006 at 22:31 | Unregistered CommenterJim M
Thanks, Jim. I'm really glad to receive feedback on the new site - good or bad - but it's great to hear that you like it!
October 2, 2006 at 22:47 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Mark, I like the clarity of the new site and the opportunity to 'join in'.

And of the continuing ideas - like 'no option'. I think its a step on from wanting, needing, must do's etc.

I'm going to try and give myself no option but to work fully during the day, instead of being distractable. Thanks in part to several of your ideas I actually have a successful business, but could improve productivity with more focus.
October 2, 2006 at 23:22 | Unregistered CommenterWilliam Boydoiknownow
Thanks for your kind remarks, William, about the site and about my ideas. My only suggestion is that "working fully in the day" is a very large goal to have "no option" about (see http://www.markforster.net/blog/2006/9/28/its-not-an-option.html ). You might do better to start with something smaller - something like having no option about the time you stop working. Then, as I found, once you've experienced the mindset it tends to spread out into the rest of one's life.
October 3, 2006 at 7:44 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Mark,
Although I agreed that "working fully in the day" is a poor 'no option', I wondered what a set finish time had got to do with it? And then I reflected on how I work and yes, the work stretches to fill the time - with plenty of interruptions - and continues into the evenings and weekends. So, even though I think I spend lots of time with family since I work at home, its not very high "quality time". So by imposing limits then I'll do more in the time available.

I've just started reading Do It Tomorrow and recognise the 'Commitment' principle from a previous correspondence we had - I was pondering whether to become a magistrate and you asked whether I was going to do it well [be committed to it]. I thought yes and its worked out well - a stimulating and rewarding alternative to 'work'. I also like the 'one thing at a time' principle - I'm going to finish off at least one important task per day from now on, before 6pm!

regards
will
October 8, 2006 at 18:24 | Unregistered CommenterWilliamBoydoiknownow
Generally speaking, I find that it's a good idea to have a definite time for finishing work, no matter what. Or if you prefer, think of it as having a definite time for starting your personal life!
October 8, 2006 at 19:53 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
re. new seminars - I can't wait to get to one! Please not first or second week of Jan, too near the Christmas hol season for me to take off more days.
October 16, 2006 at 12:13 | Unregistered CommenterMary Jenkins