To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > 2 versions of DIT?

Is there any benefit of using a seperate Will Do list for home and one for work? I've thought about trying this. I work from home and do have a set structure but some days are filled with more job-work and some with more home-work.
October 20, 2006 at 5:48 | Unregistered CommenterSharky
This is very much a question of personal preference. For people who work in a different location from home I recommend a separate Will Do list for each location. The content of each Will Do list is not based on whether it's work or personal, but where it needs to be done. So you might have some personal items which you need to do in the office (such as call the bank, lunchtime shopping, etc.) so they go on the Office Will Do list.

If you're working at home, it's more difficult to make this separation between the two lists. One way of doing it would be by time. If, as you say, you have a set structure of work and personal time, then you can divide tasks according to whether you intend to do them in the work hours or not. So a task like calling the bank re your persoanl account could fall into the work period, even though it's a personal task.
October 20, 2006 at 9:55 | Registered CommenterMark Forster