To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > coaching

any tips on training to be a life coach?

does Mark run any courses anybody know?
thanks
October 27, 2006 at 2:56 | Unregistered CommenterGed
Thanks for your interest in life coaching. I don't run any courses on being a life coach.

Training to be a life coach depends on how seriously you want to take it. If you just want to be able to incorporate some coaching principles into your management style, then there are plenty of short courses available.

On the other hand, if you want to become a full-time coach and make a serious business out of it then you need to be trained properly, preferably on one of the courses recognised by the International Coaching Federation (ICF). This will cost you several thousand pounds and around two years' part-time studying.

You don't need to wait until your training is finished before you can start your business - in fact most training courses encourage you to be getting hands-on experience during the training. Running the business part-time until you have built up enough experience and reputation is a good way to ease yourself into the profession.

Be aware that, as in any new business, you should expect it to be around three years' hard work before you are making a reasonable profit. Don't be deceived by promises of instant riches.
October 27, 2006 at 10:19 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Thanks for that info

by the way really enjoying "Do it tomorrow" and "Make you rdreams come true"...great stuff. Many thanks!
October 27, 2006 at 23:15 | Unregistered CommenterGed