To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Task Diary/Notes/Supoort materials

First, I'd like to thank you for your work. I just received DIT and did my first read (of many) in just one day! Your writing style is, as always very practical and engaging. The ideas and new way of thinking are refreshing.

Unfortunately, I have a couple of points of confusion with which, perhaps, you could help me?

Q1: The task diary: Do you travel with the task diary appointment to appointment or... does it live in one place, such as on yr desk, next to yr inbox?

Is the task diary just for tasks/reminders-- a daily list? ---or is it also used for meeting notes, project planning, brainstorming, etc... What/how do you recommend capturing meeting notes, and other such things. (bound books? scrap paper?)

Q2: Your filing system is very intriguing to me, but i fear that the UK is far more advanced than the US in terms of diverse filing/binding mechanisms. What is a "Lever Arch File"? Is there an american translation or equivalent? is there a source from which I might be able to attain these, in the US?

-with deep appreciation,
ms
January 11, 2007 at 18:53 | Unregistered Commenterms
Dear ms

Thanks for your comment, and I am very glad you are finding "Do It Tomorrow" useful already.

I use my Task Diary purely for listing tasks and nothing else. I don't normally take it with me when I travel, because I am usually only referring to it when I am in my office. It just sits on my desk.

For meeting notes, I usually write them on paper on a clip board and then if I wish to I can file them on return to my office in the relevant file, or simply write up extracts.

You'll find a discussion about Lever Arch Files for Americans at http://www.markforster.net/blog/2006/10/4/file-for-success.html (see the Comments)
January 11, 2007 at 21:04 | Registered CommenterMark Forster