To Think About . . .

Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be? Charles Bukowski

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > How intuitive is GIRKIR?

It's clear that Simple Scanning and FVP as they stand now are "intuitive" long list systems, but where does GIRKIR fall on this spectrum? While it's technically still built on "standing out" and the intuitive question of "What am I resisting not doing now?" for adding new tasks (just as an example variation), it's also prefaced with the intention of the system, the "principle" of the system that governs the rules, which is to slowly pick thing up into a cycle of action in which you are always actioning things in small bits and keeping them well maintained. The goal is that of "staying on top" of a carefully and intuitively curated set of tasks on your list, but while GIRKIR is built on top of simple scanning, does the item addition restriction or the "principle" of the system being "staying on top of things" impose a stronger structure that moves it more towards a structured approach rather than a fully intuitive approach? Just how far down the line does it go?
March 14, 2021 at 1:27 | Unregistered CommenterAaron Hsu
Aaron:

<< ,,,a stronger structure that moves it more towards a structured approach rather than a fully intuitive approach? Just how far down the line does it go? >>

Quite a long way, but nothing like as far as a static check-list. But, as I said in my answer to your other question, structure is there to support intuition. They are not antithetical.
March 14, 2021 at 12:34 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Makes sense, and I think I've been able to tease out some of this and how it is affecting my use of GIRKIR.
March 15, 2021 at 4:43 | Unregistered CommenterAaron Hsu