To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > The problem (and benefit) of a closed backlog

I have been using the closed backlog system for months now, to excellent effect. My current closed backlog has been unchanged for several weeks now. I "unwisely" placed something inside of the closed backlog that I thought (without thinking about it) would only take me a few days. Instead it has taken many weeks...meaning I can't create a new closed backlog until it is done, and I refuse to add anything to the backlog, because that would radically undermine the power of the system in my life. I was frustrated with myself for placing such a large item in the backlog, hindering more small items getting done.

BUT...the thing on the backlog happens to be one of my primary goals in my life (create assets built around informational resources), and that single, isolated, solitary item left on the backlog has forced me to push forward on a difficult project that I have desired to do for years...decades really, but have always put off " 'til I have time". Now I am making the time, if only to finally free myself up to create my next closed backlog list.
September 6, 2021 at 16:52 | Registered CommenterCafe655