To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Rereading "Get Everything Done"

Because of my interest in (and use of) Mark's "Scatter Maps" tool, I've decided to reread Get Everything Done. From the beginning, Mark provides an a very helpful Mental Strength Exercise:

All you have to do is every evening decide on one thing you are going to do the next day without fail. Pitch its level of difficulty so that it is easy enough for you to be reasonably confident of being able to do it. Then the following day do it!
- Forster, Mark. Get Everything Done (p. 3).

The late Dr. Covey suggested something similar:

As we make and keep commitments, even small commitments, we begin to establish an inner integrity that gives us the awareness of self-control and the courage and strength to accept more of the responsibility for our own lives.

From what I recall, GED has a lot of gems - theoretical and practical. I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted with them.

Curious if any of you have revisited Mark's original works, and if so, how you have integrated it into your daily workflow.
September 17, 2021 at 16:37 | Registered Commenteravrum
Ah, yes, the gems of GED…

The concept of DEPTH ACTIVITIES is deeply anchored in my thinking about personal development and time management.

Over the years I often have used the TIME JOURNAL time management system. It always works, it's my fallback for when one of my other experiments crashed again.
September 18, 2021 at 11:16 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher