To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > "Essence" of each system?

As I explore, as I am wont to do, each of Mark's various TMs, I'm struck by how certain systems seem to be associated or identified with specific quintessential aspects, specifically in how they make the user feel when using the system.

For example, NL-FVP is a system that Mark has commented on creating the feeling of being "totally satisfied" with a day by the end of it. Similarly, Mark has said that AF is "quite unlike" any other system, in that it gives a sense of "calm and control". I don't know what Mark would specifically say about NQ-FVP, but I'm imagining something like "a sense of doing the right thing at the right time without resistance." I think 5/2 was identified as "powerful, concentrated, disciplined."

So, I'm wondering, has anyone ever tried to list out various time systems from Mark with a corresponding short phrase that summarizes not the mechanics, but the emergent feelings associated with working that system? Do any of you think that would be useful? I know I would find such a list fascinating.
September 19, 2021 at 19:19 | Registered CommenterAaron Hsu
Simple Scanning: "Everything is easy."

By the way, speaking of TM systems, perhaps it's time to update that page? (Users could help so Mark doesn't have to do all the work.) Some systems are missing: e.g. Simple Scanning and "What am I resisting not doing?" Or perhaps a comprehensive list isn't realistic, given that Mark has come up with so many ideas.
September 19, 2021 at 20:38 | Registered CommenterBelacqua