To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Dream's "what's better" list alongside Autofocus (AF1)

One component of the "Dreams" system is the "What's better today?" list. I find it works very well for me.

At the moment, at least during the Lenten Challenge, I am using Autofocus 1 as my TMS.

What component could I add to that, that works similar to the "what's better" list?

The reason I ask is this:

Creating the "what's better" list while doing AF1 feels like producing double entries. I already have the AF1 list with all the tasks I did today. Brainstorming another list of things I did today feels cumbersome and a waste of effort.

I also regard it a positive feature of AF1 that I am never thinking of tasks. The list provides them for me in the moment. The "what's better" list is a No List (at all) type technique, were the relation to thinking about tasks is completely different.

Now, it wouldn't be the end of the world to just maintain a "what's better" list alongside AF1, but maybe there is a better fitting technique out there?
March 7, 2022 at 15:43 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher
If I understand this right, something like this might work?

Instead of crossing out tasks, just mark a -- next to the tasks you execute. At the end of the day, scan your full list for -- and convert them to a strike out, while thinking [journaling?] how the things marked are better.
March 7, 2022 at 16:57 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
If it were me, I think I'd do something like Alan's idea and have a daily "What's better?" review at the end, where I can go through my list of work that I've done in the day and think about how I've improved or something that's better, which is the main point of the What's better? list. I'd take the emphasis *off* of tracking a set of things, and just focus on reviewing the things you've kept track of. I'd expect that not everything crossed out would end up on your what's better list, but it would serve as a nice end of day gratitude practice, which can be quite powerful.
March 8, 2022 at 14:03 | Registered CommenterAaron Hsu
Alan Baljeu:

Thanks for the idea! I haven't tried it out yet, but it seems to a good idea. At the moment AF1 is working it's magic and I am on the advance. I'll report back, once I've tried your suggestion.

Aaron Hsu:

>> I'd take the emphasis *off* of tracking a set of things, and just focus on reviewing the things you've kept track of.

Why? Sounds like there is some deeper thinking behind this, care to share?
March 13, 2022 at 2:50 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher