To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Autofocus 1 and weekly dismissal

Shortly before the Lenten Challenge begun, I started my current stint with Autofocus 1.

The review of dismissed tasks for re-entry or final deletion, I scheduled once per week.

This had a subtle effect on dismissal. I learned that I rather finish or delete something, if I have to re-visit it next week anyway. So, the weekly time frame for review was just too short.

I changed it to a monthly review, that works better.
April 4, 2022 at 18:07 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher
Christopher:

<< This had a subtle effect on dismissal. I learned that I rather finish or delete something, if I have to re-visit it next week anyway. So, the weekly time frame for review was just too short. >>

I'm not sure I follow this. It seems as if you are saying that a weekly review encourages you to finish something or delete it. But isn't taking decisive action like this what you want?

Or am I misunderstanding you?
April 4, 2022 at 18:32 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Mark Forster:

Not misunderstanding me as far as I can tell.

The weekly review puts a soft pressure on tasks that helps to come to terms with those "dingbats" entries. But even faster than coming to terms is to just dismiss the lot and then letting them disapear in the vortex of time.

It's a little bit like Seraphim's Serial No List, just write it down, just don't do anything about it, let it go.

The point is, while it is nice to have completed the dingbats, it also takes time and energy better spend elsewhere.
April 5, 2022 at 14:34 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher
Christopher:

Still not quite sure I've got your meaning.

In your first post in this thread you talked about having a monthly review.

And now you're talking about just dismissing the lot and then letting them disappear in the vortex of time.

There's indeed a lot to be said for just letting them disappear.
April 5, 2022 at 15:39 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Mark:

What I meant to say, the monthly review provides a long time span between dismissal and review time. By that time it is much clearer which tasks I should let go for good.

With the weekly review, all tasks still tend to be fresh enough for consumation, so to speak.

Sorry for not being more clear.
April 6, 2022 at 18:11 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher
Christopher:

Got it!
April 7, 2022 at 9:36 | Registered CommenterMark Forster