To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Productivity Problem: Out of sight, Out of mind

One of the most helpful aspects of Mark's systems is the habit of ongoing engagement with one's lists (tasks, projects, etc). David Allen has his own take on this in his coaching around Weekly Reviews. In summary, one should review every active project - weekly - and ensure there is one Next Action associated with each project.

I'm trying to bring to the fore the above ideas. I purchased an index card bleacher from Levenger - http://www.levenger.com/home-office-22549/desk-accessories-organization-23000/nantucket-bamboo-compact-bleacher-18083.aspx - and index cards from Baron Fig - http://writeexperience.com/blog/baronfig-strategist-to-do-cards-premium-and-useful-index-cards

Each index card with represent one project, and will always have one Next Action associated with it. The bleacher will ensure the most important/pressing projects are dab smack in front of my face.

Curious to see if these tools will help me engage with my commitments on a more regular basis.
May 10, 2022 at 13:36 | Registered Commenteravrum
I’ve never thought to bleach index cards before but this does seem neat. I have mounted cards on a wall on more than one occasion. Or sticky notes.

“one should review every active project - weekly - and ensure there is one Next Action associated with each project. “

I am in total concordance with this advice.
May 10, 2022 at 19:12 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
I am using out of sight, out of mind for the opposite purpose, which is to say that I am specifically hiding things so that they don't come to my consciousness too often, and I rely on my ability to regularly review so that I know I can focus on a single thing in the moment without having to constantly see and be convinced that I'm still "on top" of everything.
May 11, 2022 at 0:59 | Registered CommenterAaron Hsu