To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Assessing Re:Zero, AF2-SD, and NQ-FVP

Mark and anyone else:

Has anyone spent time going over these systems and comparing them to another in general? Mark has put a general assessment of Re:Zero against some things in terms of resistance, but I'm curious how these systems have tended to play out.

In particular, Mark, you I think recently played with AF2-SD (AF2 sans dismissal) and Re:Zero, so I'd love to hear how you felt about how they worked or didn't work relative to your NQ-FVP benchmark.

I've been playing around with these three as the ones that are most attractive to me right now, but I'm not sure I have a complete answer. With NQ-FVP, I feel like it takes a long time to do anything, so my throughput feels slow, especially if I am avoiding ending up doing something that I don't really think I should be doing yet. With Re:Zero, I feel like it's hard to tackle some things because the scanning of the list interferes with breaking tasks down. With AF2-SD, I often feel like I might be "missing something," but I'm still hesitant to walk through the whole list.
January 20, 2023 at 21:56 | Registered CommenterAaron Hsu
For myself, I have not tried AF2-SD. RE:zero is an intriguing idea, and I do tend to aim at no-resistance tasks, but not with the RE:zero method. I did try NQ-FVP ages ago. My pattern of operating is as I’ve expressed before more or less.

Like NQ-FVP, I do regularly go through a list of tasks, select some to do and then do those, but my selection process is not algorithmic, and there’s a bit more involved than just the preceding description.

Like RE:zero, I strongly favor methods of reducing resistance, but again I am not doing the proposed algorithm. My method of reducing resistance is multi-faceted, and includes thinking more about the high level motives for doing a task, and reworking big tasks to smaller tasks. The oldest untouched task will get my attention every day and if I don’t just do it or drop it, I will do something to make the task readier to go forward. Such as figuring out a first step that I am ready to do soon.
January 24, 2023 at 1:46 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
Playing around with these, I'm finding myself leaning towards Re:Zero at the moment, because it allows me to work in little "blocks" around the selection chain, and this maps well to me thinking about what is the "right type of thing" to work on at the moment. Additionally, I'm finding that the scan over the whole list every time seems to be very comforting. It feels fresh each time because I've already worked through a number of things by the time I get there.

Both NQ-FVP and AF2-SD seem to trigger this sense of always missing out on something or forgetting something on the list. Additionally, NQ-FVP's scan between each item feels sluggish to me with the work I'm doing at the moment. I also seem to really resist going back to the list in NQ-FVP for some reason, where I don't with Re:Zero. I think the compulsion on selecting the first item affects me somehow.

I'm still not sure if I'll keep at it, but I definitely find that this is a nice way of choosing some things to do in the moment, provided that I also put myself into a "context" such as "I'm doing my morning routine" or "I'm working on my High Impact stuff" or "I'm relaxing now" to prime my selection process and help to refine what is "zero resistance" at the moment. This also helps make the scans faster.
January 25, 2023 at 7:25 | Registered CommenterAaron Hsu
> compulsion on selecting the first item

reframe it: it’s not a compulsion to tackle that item if you aren’t ready to do so. instead, it’sca compulsion to do something about it being stuck on your list that it migrated all the way from last to first while continually being ignored. therefore feel the excitement of this opportunity of getting rid of it. or, of reframing it into something better. or of breaking it down to a tiny thing that finally improves its status quo. And be glad only one such thing like this has to be addressed this time round.
January 25, 2023 at 20:57 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu