To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Ultra flexible focusing technique. Applying board game mechanics to small closed lists in Workflowy

link to a YouTube video I made: http://youtu.be/eeDWyS0XJjY

I have been playing a lot of Castles of Burgundy lately, and it has been having an amazing affect on my productivity and strategizing IRL.

By crossing the dynamics in the board game with Mark's concept of a closed list: ( http://blog.workflowy.com/how-to-use... )you can create a simple and flexible daily throughput workflow that has been really accelerating my completion rate of high-value tasks.
March 1, 2023 at 13:49 | Registered CommenterCafe655
I read your article. It's a great talk on the Closed List. My current practice involves two closed lists and they are motivation in the way you describe. Adapting my Sooner or Later process, the Closed lists are my guarantee things will be tackled. The way it works in part is I add a bunch of stuff to Later, then draw a line. Every thing above the line is the closed list. Below the line is an open list. Whenever I select items from Later to act on, I always start by picking one or more Closed section items. So over time the closed list becomes empty. And then I close off the open part of this list and start a new open section.

This much is judt like AF4, but I'm not looping the Closed list. And the role is to feed into the Sooner list which has a similar open/closed structure.
March 1, 2023 at 21:32 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
I didn't fully grasp the game aspect of your video but the idea of rewards for completing closed lists seems worth trying. For a Today list, the reward might be free time to do whatever.
March 1, 2023 at 21:48 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
Very nice article - thanks for sharing!
March 3, 2023 at 22:28 | Registered CommenterSeraphim
Really neat video! It's funny how many things seem to come back to the two Personal Kanban principles of Limit your WIP and Visual Your Work. It seems that figuring out how to achieve these in a way that works for you is a terrific lens through which to build a system.
March 4, 2023 at 4:33 | Registered CommenterAaron Hsu