To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Low-Level Systems

In the Secrets book, it is recommended to practice low-level systems until they are second nature. Several examples are given.
The questioning method of the low-level systems is also recommended.
Should the low-level systems be handled separately on a separate list(s) rather than integrated with other items, so they can be practiced in order, and so if questioned they can be improved?
Does this include any daily routines?
It seems that this is almost the same as habit formation, or is there a difference?
May 23, 2023 at 22:20 | Unregistered CommenterMark H.
In SoPP, a low level system is any foundational routine, practice, or habit that deals with some aspect of your life. In particular, I would say the primary low level system that is emphasized the most in that book is your time management system (SoPP give the PTMS, or 5/2 no-list method). So, whether or not to use separate lists to manage habits or not is in itself a low level system subject to questioning.
May 23, 2023 at 23:42 | Registered CommenterAaron Hsu
Mark H.:

I think this depends on what each system demands. For example: email.

Let's say you use FVP or GTD. "Should" email-to-reply-to be a separate list? With those systems I would enter each email as a task into the long list.

If I use a NL system, then of course email-to-reply-to would be it's own list, probably a label in my email app or similar.

So, as Aaron Hsu already wrote, each of these systems would be subject to questioning and they would influence each other. No hard rules.
May 24, 2023 at 12:04 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher