To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Survey: your time management context

In your current working environment (professional or personal), how would you rate the balance between straightforward execution and open-ended exploration?

Please use a scale from 0 to 10, where:

0 represents an environment completely dominated by straightforward execution of defined tasks (focusing on checklists, action items, and direct delivery of results)

10 represents an environment completely dominated by open-ended exploration (emphasizing learning, sense-and-respond tactics, and venturing into new territory)
March 1, 2024 at 16:37 | Registered CommenterSeraphim
At work I think I'm a 6 and personal feels like a 9 right now. As with most surveys, it depends on the day.
March 2, 2024 at 3:07 | Unregistered CommenterBrent
I think 9, though the words used are foreign to me. In my work context I don’t think often about exploration, learning, sensing, venturing. I think about studying (not general learning, but the specific context I am presented with), understanding, solving, creating. For around the house, I don’t operate on checklists, but it’s also not new territory. I look, and I decide what kind of action to take.

Only for developing new business directions, which I am recently engaged in, that is very much about learning, exploring, responding.
March 2, 2024 at 15:27 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
I'd say that I'm largely a 10 or close enough to make no difference when it comes to work. At home, probably less so, but still definitely well beyond a 7. Other people in my life handle the straightforward execution of things, and my job is almost entirely to focus on the nebulous, unconstrained, visionary elements.

The closest thing I have to straightforward execution at the moment is the implementation of some benchmarking programs for specific elements of a paper I'm writing, but those are, in themselves, somewhat open ended because we are analyzing the viability of these benchmarks themselves, and had to discuss what the correct way to even implement is in the first place, so...still quite unconstrained, relatively speaking.
March 3, 2024 at 23:30 | Registered CommenterAaron Hsu