To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > What's Better?

In the Dreams book, the question "What's Better" or "What was Better about Today" is recommended to be asked at the end of each day. Examples are given on Wednesday, August 22.
Does this question include Gratitude, what are thankful for that we have received - from our Higher Power, God, others, Society, Nature - or is the focus here on our individual effort? Although a daily Gratitude journal is recommended by some, I am assuming that this question is different.
March 3, 2024 at 18:02 | Unregistered CommenterMark H.
I am thinking that the answers to this question would be about things that we can change, such as in the Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
March 3, 2024 at 20:38 | Unregistered CommenterMark H.
The way that <<Dreams>> is written, the daily question refers to your progress toward the vision that you have established in the dialogs. Notice that Mark's vision in the book is handling his business so efficiently that he can delegate most of the actual coaching work and spend most of his time in his castle with an ocean view. In the early dialogs, he starts working toward his vision by organizing his office, and notes each day how the organization of his office has improved, and how his emotional state responded to that improvement.

You are certainly free to make note of positive outcomes from outside of your control, but the exercise that Mark proposes is to note the positive outcomes of your own actions The idea is that, with enough practice, your brain will automatically pay more attention to areas where you have improved, and less attention to areas where you feel frustrated, overwhelmed, etc.
March 3, 2024 at 22:25 | Registered CommenterVoluntas
Putting a little more emphasis on it, I think the point of the What's Better list in DREAMS is a way of giving yourself a positive assessment around the things that presently have your focus, which is highlighted through coaching and your vision. So, as you can see if you read through the Dreams book, there are places where something comes up that bothers Mark, so he tries to use the question of What's Better to look at the positive light of any given thing over time. So, it's really meant to be a tool that connects with the GAM and Self Coaching, and it serves as the primary "monitoring" system of the method.
March 3, 2024 at 23:27 | Registered CommenterAaron Hsu
Thanks for the replies. I am still reading in the beginning sections of the book. That makes sense.
March 3, 2024 at 23:36 | Unregistered CommenterMark H.