To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Covey's 7 Habits rebranded as the 5 Choices (New Book)

I just received this today: The 5 Choices: The Path to Extraordinary Productivity - http://alturl.com/4fry2

I'm sucker for Covey's top-down approach to productivity, so this was an easy purchase. My understanding is that this is the 7 Habits, rebranded/refreshed.

Anyway... thought fans of Covey would appreciate the info.
December 21, 2014 at 22:05 | Registered Commenteravrum
And reauthored of course, as Covey has passed on. Let us know how the writing is.
December 21, 2014 at 22:35 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
Hi Alan.

An oversight on my part. Thanks for the clarification.

They dedicate the book to Stephen Covey.
December 22, 2014 at 2:59 | Registered Commenteravrum
It's more of an in-depth look at habits 1,2,3 and 7 then a reworking of the 7 habits. Worth a read - I read the shorter version they give out on the 5 Choices course. It has some good tips, along with some worthwhile points about having the right mindset.
January 5, 2015 at 11:15 | Unregistered CommenterBen H
Hi Ben.

I started it today. Glad to hear about those habits... my personal faves from the 7 Habits canon.
January 6, 2015 at 0:58 | Registered Commenteravrum
Hi Avrum,

Any further thoughts on the 5 choices? I've been reading the book again and there is some good stuff in it. I particularly like the practical process for making what you want to achieve in your roles and goals concrete and specific.

Ben
June 29, 2015 at 16:47 | Unregistered CommenterBen H
Ben H.

I think that was the last book I read before crafting my own system. I don't recall finishing the book, and felt it lacked depth and originality - at least compared to 7 Habits.

Since then, I developed my own system, which I continue to use. For the first time since 2002 (when I discovered 7 Habits), I've lost the itch to try new systems and tools. It's a lovely feeling.
June 30, 2015 at 18:00 | Registered Commenteravrum
@Avrum "Since then, I developed my own system, which I continue to use. For the first time since 2002" What is your own system ? If uou use it since 2002 I guess it is working for you... Could tell us more about it ? Kind regards
July 10, 2015 at 9:59 | Unregistered Commenterjupiter
jupiter:

<<What is your own system ? If uou use it since 2002 I guess it is working for you>>

Not since 2002 - that was Covey (and then GTD, AF, on and on and on...).

In 2013, I started playing around with an idea (tentatively called: "meaning-making productivity"), starting with electronics but then moving to pen/paper. Appx 9 months ago, I hired a graphic designer to design the daily and project forms.

Once my book is launched (Fall), I'm going to put together a couple of videos demonstrating the system/tool.
July 10, 2015 at 18:19 | Registered Commenteravrum