To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > T4T

I like the idea of the 5 Task system in Secrets but I also like the 'Do 2 Add 2' of Michael's 4T. Which is why I've called this T4T.

Each day starts off with a Theme: an overriding focus on the day. Paperwork, meetings, errands, writing, etc.. This gets written at the top of the list (in different colour or style?)

Then the standard 4T system is used: list 4 tasks, do 2, add 2.

I've added a couple of extra elements:
* = urgent tasks. When something comes up urgently put an asterisk into the task list and add what needs to be done. This replaces one of the future 2 tasks to be added.
i / c = Interruption / Chaos. Whenever something interrupts you make a note and a brief description: c - phone call; c - kid crying, c - doorbell

With this you get the added bonus of seeing where things go out of sync and get to keep track of any urgent tasks that come along. Maybe adding a time stamp could be helpful too.

I've not yet tried this system but I'll like to know what others think of it.
February 4, 2016 at 8:46 | Unregistered CommenterKenny
I've been using T4T today.

I got carried away doing a task and went onto the next task which wasn't on the list. This has led me to create a bracket element: an item did without looking at list first.
February 9, 2016 at 8:26 | Unregistered CommenterKenny
Kenny:

I like what your addressing here. You're providing your mind with a real-time feedback loop built into your time management system. One's focus should naturally improve as the mind plainly sees the recurrent interruptions and self-sabotage occuring. Contrasting.
February 10, 2016 at 14:13 | Registered CommenterMichael B.
Thanks, Michael, you're right.

It does help to see what's happening: today using T4T I didn't show any urgent tasks added or interruptions (though I did 'interrupt' myself before I started working). It'll be interesting to see how it works tomorrow when I'm working in the living room with my kids around!

What I'm finding help is having a weekly masterplan and a daily plan to help guide options when I'm running out of things to add to the list. Again it produces focus and has a feedback loop keeping me on task for my urgent tasks for the week. In fact all but 1 of my commitments have been completed already!
February 10, 2016 at 18:02 | Unregistered CommenterKenny