To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Facebook haters unite!

In case anyone missed it, Mark would like us to communicate with him on Facebook:

http://markforster.squarespace.com/blog/2016/5/20/get-everything-dones-facebook-page.html

Several commenters, myself included, resist using FB. This thread is for us, for now, while we can still communicate here.
May 21, 2016 at 1:33 | Registered Commenterubi
Yes, really do dislike FB. If Mark wants to reach a wider audience I would strongly recommend You Tube. It's very easy to produce short videos and can be set up to produce advertising income. And it's not that messy confusing blob that is FB!
May 21, 2016 at 12:24 | Registered CommenterCaibre65
I added a comment to the blog post about it but this site is not going away, so we don't need to worry about that. Only a small amount of users in one medium are going to want to participate in another medium, although a small amount may be enough. You can't really force it though.

Side note: I was getting 403 error again. Here are as many details as possible. I am on an iPhone with the latest iOS 9.3.2 running the built in Safari browser. When I wrote this comment I typed it into the form and hit create post. Then it wanted me to type in the numbers from a picture (captcha). I typed in the number but instead of hitting "confirm post" I hit Go on the virtual keyboard which is like hitting into in the captcha field where you type the number. All it did was show me another captcha. So I filled out the captcha again and hit Confirm post button instead of hitting Go and got a 403. From what I've seen once I hit Go I will continue to have 403 error until I copy my text and start over with a new reply (pasting the text so I don't have to type it again.) If you can read this it worked :)
May 21, 2016 at 17:03 | Unregistered CommenterDon R
with Mark not here, can we get out big bowls of popcorn and other snacks and make a mess while we stay up late talking about time and tasks :)
May 23, 2016 at 5:57 | Registered CommentermatthewS
Don't use, won't use F'book– unless it's some monumental event that can't be accessed by any other means. It's for the masses of uncaring kids out there. Check out the potential negative consequences.
May 23, 2016 at 19:56 | Unregistered CommenterJorn
Hate is a bit strong. I just dislike to use FB. It's more for sharing with people you already know. Putting more than one web link per post is almost impossible. Finding particular FB posts you've heard of, or have read before is much harder than it should. Try searching for Mark Forster Get Everything Done FB page. I couldn't without referring to the URL Mark posted http://www.facebook.com/markforsterblog/ .

I prefer the open web or G+, for and connecting with new friends sharing your interest.

Anyway, I still engage with Mark on his FB page. ;-)

Oh, Mark said on 22 May ... http://www.facebook.com/markforsterblog/posts/269095293478230 ...
<< Could someone please point out to the commenters on my last post on my blog that I said I would be absent from the blog for one week - and one week only. >>
May 26, 2016 at 7:23 | Registered Commentersabre23t
Not a fan of facebook. And I seem to be in the minority that isn't enamoured with a no-list method. I want list! Those things have led me to decide to take a break from Mark's ideas. I'll probably check back in at some point in the hopes that this site becomes alive again and that the no-listers have moved on to something else.
Cheers
June 8, 2016 at 5:17 | Unregistered CommenterTommy
Tommy:

<< Not a fan of facebook. >>

The Facebook thing was only for a week - as I said at the time - and has now long expired, so I don't understand why that's still troubling you.

<< And I seem to be in the minority that isn't enamoured with a no-list method. I want list! >>

There's nothing stopping you from starting a thread in the Forum to get some discussion going on a subject that does interest you.
June 8, 2016 at 15:47 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
I used to be fairly active on fb but I am becoming very disenchanted. It all seems a big competition on who can appear to have the best life. Who buys the best stuff, who's kids are the best, who is the best parent, who can afford the best vacation, who has the most fun and hangs out with the coolest friends. When I am preparing to meet my maker I know I wont be thinking about how many likes I've had on fb. In short fb is bullshit.
December 24, 2016 at 16:20 | Unregistered CommenterJay Alger
Jay:

Like many things in life Facebook is what you make of it.
December 24, 2016 at 17:50 | Registered CommenterMark Forster