To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Why short views of time might be better

On a previous thread Seraphim and I aired the issue of short views of time. This is of course closely related to no-list methods or the 5T method.

1. Procrastination can be related to an imagined future step, but when attention is instead placed on the first step then resistance can be reduced. hence "I'll just get the folder out"

2. On the future step the actions that then make sense can be very different from how we'd imagine they would be. Situations evolve, as do our responses to what we want to do. A future stp is really a new starting point. It is fresh, with different potentials. New thoughts and insights can be available.

3. In a crisis "how things should be" often has to be abandoned. Instead, evaluation has to be related to NEW NOW, not "what should have happened". Expectations and preconceptions have to be dropped.

Eckhart Tolle adds a spiritual aspect: "“Always say “yes” to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is?"
October 30, 2016 at 18:11 | Unregistered Commentermichael
Another factor in short views of time is what I was saying in a recent blog post about selecting the next task from a long list. Selecting one task means rejecting other tasks. The more you reject a task the more resistance will build up against it.
October 31, 2016 at 7:36 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
RE: Mark Forster, "The more you reject a task the more resistance will build up against it."

A hearty, "Amen!"
October 31, 2016 at 18:36 | Unregistered CommenterDjorn