To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Thoughts on Mark Forster's next goal: The Systematic Next Hour

I wanted to talk about this to bounce off some speculations and even ideas for it. I actually am a bit sceptical that it is even possible to have a systematic next hour!

I mean how can you even make a no-list system "work systematically through everything that one has to do" if it has no list of all the things you have to do?
January 11, 2017 at 18:36 | Registered Commenternuntym
Prior to turning to FAF, I did the Next Hour in Excel, here I would make a no-list that extended beyond the "next hour and then added times to create what I would work on in the next hour. Maybe something like that gets you to a systemic next hour.
January 11, 2017 at 21:12 | Unregistered Commentervegheadjones
What about keeping a list of tasks for the next hour, but also using FVP method to feed the list from a master catch-all? As a short cut, anything you want/need to do right away can go straight into the next hour list. You'd have to juggle between two lists though. Select up to one hour's list of things to do using FVP method, but cross them off the FVP list when you rewrite it on the hourly list. Anything incomplete on the next-hour list could be moved back to FVP list if it's not going to be picked up again in the next hour.
January 11, 2017 at 21:32 | Unregistered CommenterDon R
nuntym:

"I mean how can you even make a no-list system 'work systematically through everything that one has to do' if it has no list of all the things you have to do?"

Because the list of all the things you have to do is in your head.

Mark discussed this concept in relation to No-List FVP:

"No-List FVP has no list in this sense — or rather the list is in your head. You apply the algorithm to the list in your head to establish the schedule for doing the items. Only at this stage are they written down. Other items from the list in your head can be added, but once written down they too form part of the schedule"

http://markforster.squarespace.com/fv-forum/post/2523093
January 11, 2017 at 22:45 | Registered CommenterMichael B.
I would like to make it clear that I have no idea at present how one would achieve The Systematic Next Hour. I haven't yet thought about it at all.

But then at the same stage I had no idea how to arrive at Fast FVP or Flexible Autofocus.
January 12, 2017 at 0:51 | Registered CommenterMark Forster