My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
If you want to be tougher, be tougher. Jocko Willink, former Navy SEAL Commander
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Latest Comments
Log-in

Discussion Forum > Natural AF4

Inspired by Mark's recent blog posts, I've decided to try using a list system again, after fiddling with Dreams the past few weeks.

I'm using AF4, with the following modification:

When usually dismissing a page, I instead mark it for single passes, so 'dismissed' pages are gone through in one pass in the same way that the open list is. The closed list continues to function the same.

I've only been using it a day, but it's very promising. No resistance at all and very little procrastination and distraction!
February 8, 2017 at 2:25 | Unregistered CommenterRyan Freckleton
AF4 doesn't deal in "pages", so shall I take your meaning to be, when you would normally dismiss a closed list you instead mark it as single-pass? then proceed to the new closed list, loop through it, then the open list, and then single-pass through all older closed lists. Is this about right?

Only thing missing from that description is Mark's proposal to automatically discard old lists when nothing new happens on them in a given day. The point is to not accumulate a gigantic old list of items.
February 8, 2017 at 3:15 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
Yes, I mean the closed list gets marked as single pass :) That's exactly right.

I suspect for me that a simple manual weeding step will be sufficient to carry out, but we'll see how much accumulates.
February 8, 2017 at 5:44 | Unregistered CommenterRyan Freckleton
Ryan:

I'm trying hard to understand why you think that this is preferable to the "simple scanning" method I give in the article. The whole point of AF4 is to put pressure on completing a list, while the whole point of the method in the article is to avoid that sort of pressure.
February 8, 2017 at 8:54 | Registered CommenterMark Forster