My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign? Einstein
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Latest Comments
Log-in

Discussion Forum > Thanks for systems and for this site!

I have been here since February 2012. Writing just a few posts and reading a lot. The systems have been a great help to me. Thank you Mark! Thank you for your systems, for your blog posts, your forum post and for creating this place to learn from you and from each other.
February 23, 2017 at 9:50 | Unregistered CommenterTobba, Oslo
Thank you, Tobba. Which is your favourite system so far?
February 23, 2017 at 10:46 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
I started with Do it tomorrow. Bought the book in 2010, because of good reviews on amazon.co.uk, but didn't read it until 2012. Thought Do it tomorrow was fabulous, but after few days I found the YouTube video with Autofokus and also found this site. Got a bit confused, but switched to Autofokus and it was even more fun working. After just a few weeks with Autofocus, Final version was released. I didn’t want to switch. I was so happy with Autofokus, but it was impossible not to try Final version. So I switched and stayed with Final version for a long time. I have learned that switching to a new system or switch to different tweaks of a system, is not a problem, but it makes my work more fun! Together with the lists I have used random.org, selecting 6 tasks and throwing a dice, used time boxing and Pomodoro.
I also find it very interesting to read the discussion on what is reducing resistance and how to find the right balance between different types of tasks with a system.
I have not tested all of the systems. Now I use “the Bounce” and I have used it for only a week. It is really fun and I get a lot done. I have not used all of the systems, but now the Bounce is my favorite.
February 23, 2017 at 12:29 | Unregistered CommenterTobba, Oslo
Tobba:

That's great. The Bounce is my favourite at the moment too - and of course I _have_ tested all the systems - or at least all the ones written by me.
February 23, 2017 at 16:39 | Registered CommenterMark Forster