My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
Anything you say before “but” is not worth saying. Tyrion Lanister
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Latest Comments
Log-in

Discussion Forum > Decluttering Giving Up Dreams -- Podcast

One of the members here pointed out that sometimes we hesitate to get rid of something physical because it feels like giving up on a dream.

Great minds think alike.

http://www.aslobcomesclean.com/2017/02/120-decluttering-giving-dreams-pt-1/#

(I really like Nony's approach in general. What works is more important than what should work or what you think will work or what works for others. Family and friends are more important than a clean and tidy house, and a reasonably clean and tidy house supports family and friends. Put things where you'll look for them, not the theoretically best place. Five minutes makes a big difference.)
March 3, 2017 at 20:52 | Registered CommenterCricket
Listened to this yesterday (and this morning again on 2x speed as a reminder, since I forgot the point I wanted to remember). There's a good point near the beginning about how people who don't clutter have "get rid of it" as the *default* setting when they don't know whether to keep something or not.
March 7, 2017 at 16:01 | Unregistered CommenterDon R
Agreed. It feels safer to keep than get rid of something that might be useful. It's the same with todo lists. FOMO.

She has written article, in the last few weeks, about how her husband's default is put things away. Hers is not.
March 7, 2017 at 18:58 | Registered CommenterCricket
I do have a lot of boxes. I have an official amount of boxes with "stuff", if I want to keep it I can just put it in there as long as it still fits.

If I want more space for keepsies, I can clear a box. It's me and my feelings and the boss-me doesn't care, as long as I don't use more space than officially allocated.

Also, stuff in boxes doesn't get dusted.
March 8, 2017 at 9:03 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher