My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do, and play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do.” Mark Twain
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Latest Comments
Log-in

Discussion Forum > Things I like about RAF, p.4: Daily Themes

I like to work on a "per day" basis. This means to me, every day has it's main focus. I am not referring to a rigid structure, if that is needed, one should IMHO write this into the appointments calendar and work accordingly. I am referring to an overall outlook on what one wants to accomplish today, for the most part. What type of work, what type of projects, in what area do you wan to make headway today?

Now, on a day by day system, everyday is the same. The ongoing projects get their fair share of attention and so on. But with RAF we have essentially a two-day system and that allows for some greater variety.

By picking tasks after a certain theme, I can give the day a certain character.

But I can still use that same list to maintain all those little tasks, that are due nearly everyday, but not absolutely everyday.

One day I can update all my social media, the next day is manly dedicated to writing that pressing report.

And what I like about RAF here is, that I can do this without creating extra-rules, while still having a relatively compact system to work with.
September 14, 2017 at 8:03 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher
One of the cool things about this system is the way it naturally works out that every morning the first things on your list are your morning things (the first things you did yesterday).
September 16, 2017 at 18:40 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
Yes, indeed, one can just "dive" in!
September 18, 2017 at 15:36 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher
Alan, what you describe is actually a constant improvement of a (morning) routine. At least I see it as such and my aim is to make it better every day.
September 19, 2017 at 7:01 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher
The second item on my list for tomorrow is "Morning routine". That refers me to a separate checklist I keep and adjust to constantly improve.
September 21, 2017 at 1:59 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu