My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do, and play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do.” Mark Twain
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Latest Comments
Log-in

Discussion Forum > Dismissing a Task

Dismissing a task should not feel bad. You did not break a commitment by deleting that task. You can always re-enter the task. You did not decide it's fate as "never done" by deleting it from the list. You did merely put the task into a test: will you come back?
November 8, 2017 at 13:02 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher
That's the scary part: Will you come back? I know this task found its way into my list of its own accord, but if I let it go free, will I miss it? If I remember it some time later, I can add it in again, but what if it's too late?

At some level it's mere paranoia. I "forget" a million things every day, referring to all the things I could possibly do but didn't because I never thought of them. Tomorrow is a million more possibilities. And if this task I dismissed represents a lost opportunity, it's dismissal represents time now available to act on a better opportunity. (And it is better since it will be something I choose to do, unlike the one I dismissed.)
November 9, 2017 at 0:03 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu