My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do, and play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do.” Mark Twain
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Latest Comments
Log-in

Discussion Forum > Chronos vs Kairos

Two greek words for time capturing 2 dimenions of time: As in

How long until lunch?

vs

Is this the best time to have lunch?

Time management in the narrow (chronos) sense is the capitalist view of time as money. The latter is perhaps more the layers within a moment, under the surface, available to attention that is redirected from the future and into the moment. More akin to appreciation than a need for results.
November 26, 2017 at 20:53 | Unregistered Commentermichael
Very interesting. I wouldn't see "appreciation" of the moment as a necessary conflict with "need for results."
December 2, 2017 at 9:02 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher
Duration versus moment, right?
December 3, 2017 at 1:49 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
Sometimes it is possible to appreciate the moment while working. I find it goes smoother when I appreciate things rather than complain about the need to do it. Little things, like how well a tool works, or that I'm making progress, or have a new system, or the sun coming in my window, or the opportunity to have this job rather than one that's worse. It's not always possible, but being able to appreciate when I can helps, and it's easier with practice.
December 4, 2017 at 21:38 | Registered CommenterCricket