My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. Denzel Washington
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Log-in

Discussion Forum > Lenten learnings and Eastertide Challenge

I shall again take on the role of challenge nag, or whatever we want to call it.

For Lent, I gave up listening to podcasts and adopted Fast FVP at work. Fast FVP worked great and accommodated fast changes to my workday as I had to recently take on the duties of a recently laid-off colleague. A pile o' podcasts also silted up such that I will likely spend the next 50 days listening to them all. But I did get back to listening to audiobooks and other long-form items and webinar recordings I'd put off for "later."

Accd to the calendar I'm referencing, Eastertide runs from April 1-May 20. I will continue using Fast-FVP at work, the Systematic Next Hour at home, and will interleave one audiobook a week with my podcasts. I usually listen to these things when I'm commuting or doing the dishes, so I can get through an 8hr audiobook in about 7-10 days.

How did everyone else do?
April 2, 2018 at 19:46 | Unregistered CommenterMike Brown
I had just started getting into this outliner tool, Dynalist, and while I did manage to keep with the tool, I did not manage to keep myself going with a system. So I ended up making a lot of notes and doing a lot of things, but it was disorganized and not everything was done in timely fashion.

I think now I am more attuned and I can achieve better success for the next run. A basic process will involve scanning through and activating a few things for the day and focusing on those, as well as looking ahead to the next day as targets to achieve.

Speaking of Podcasts, I'm not much of a podcast listener, but I have latched onto the audio book of High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard as a regular listen.
April 4, 2018 at 1:55 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
My Eastertide Challenge: Daily MIT and weekly review. No change there. Things are simple enough this month that Gantt charts aren't necessary.

Experiments:

1) BJFogg's Tiny Habits and Surfing the Motivation Wave.

2) Tim Ferriss's Finally Method for deciding MIT's.

<< Write down the 3-5 things — and no more — that are making you most anxious or uncomfortable. They’re often things that have been punted from one day’s to-do list to the next, to the next, to the next, and so on. ‘Most important’ usually equals ‘most uncomfortable’, with some chance of rejection or conflict. For each item, ask yourself: 1) “If this were the only thing I accomplished today, would I be satisfied with my day?” 2) “Will moving this forward make all the other to-do’s unimportant or easier to knock off later?” >> (from http://www.intelligentchange.com/blogs/news/productivity-planner-tips?_ke=Y3JpY2tldGJlYXV0aWZ1bEBnbWFpbC5jb20%3D )
April 4, 2018 at 16:22 | Registered CommenterCricket