My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. Proudhon
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Latest Comments
Log-in

Discussion Forum > Learning FFV from Dalo

I have been using Dalo for over a month now. I discovered on this blog.
http://markforster.squarespace.com/blog/2018/2/15/lenten-challenge-ffvp-day-2.html

Dalo has shown me clearly how the FFV algorithm works. I could go back to paper now that I get “it”. The creators fully credit Mark “based on the long-list family of productivity ideas and methods by Mark Forster”.

Here’s web site.
http://www.nishcoapps.com
May 9, 2018 at 0:33 | Unregistered CommenterErin
Meant to say Learning FVP.
May 9, 2018 at 5:54 | Unregistered CommenterErin
I went ahead an paid for the $3.99 "gold" in app purchase right away. I should have tried it for a while first because I ran into a couple bugs right away. I guess I got excited because I was just thinking about using FVP this morning.

I created a task, then ended up crossing it off when I hit the "Task" checkmark. That means task complete I guess. Same thing again when I created the same thing and then hit the "Step" checkmark. It appears that if you do "Step" complete, it reenters it on the list again for you.

Then I deleted those two items since they were cross off. Didn't see a way to uncross it. Then I tried to create the item a third time and I get:

"A task with that name already exists!
Please either Discard the new task or tap Cancel to keep editing and change its title.
The original task details:

So I can't reuse the same name again (e.g. "Email").

After that, it shows the on screen keyboard when you don't need to type, and hides it when you do need to type. I have to force kill the app and launch it again to fix it.

Looks like it takes a swipe and then a tap to select an item. Not bad but could be made into one step.

You can view just the selected tasks.
May 9, 2018 at 22:33 | Unregistered CommenterDon R
I ran into that bug when you enter a new task with the same name. I put a space after the word, then it works. I use the "step" swipe on the left for many repeating items because it is fast. The right swipe give you two options, select or "more" which has "complete task" as well as other options and is easier to use on my phone. If you accidentally complete a task you want to bring back, swipe from the right then duplicate but add the space.

What I like about Dado is it shows how FVP works. Your selected list is arranged with newest task at the top and the first selected task at the bottom. And if you add something new to the selected list it comes up on top. You can also make a task inactive and when it goes back on the list it is in the same order as it started. I keep my selected list to 3 to 5 items.

I have tried to figure out how to get other electronic apps to do this sorting. Larger type would be nice too.
May 10, 2018 at 2:55 | Unregistered CommenterErin
Latest up grade fixed the duplicate problem. You only get the message about a duplicate if the task is still on the active list.
May 16, 2018 at 15:32 | Unregistered CommenterErin
That's good. I'll have to check it out again after the update. I don't see the update in the app store yet. (Last update Apr. 18. What's new dated Apr. 19.)
May 16, 2018 at 15:51 | Unregistered CommenterDon R
Update was awhile ago. Version 1.6 (184) is what I have.
May 17, 2018 at 0:09 | Unregistered CommenterErin