My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. Denzel Washington
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Log-in

Discussion Forum > "Make Small Decisions. Decide Often."

June 1, 2018 at 2:58 | Registered Commenternuntym
June 1, 2018 at 23:20 | Unregistered CommenterVoluntas
Personally I think that both articles are right.

But the real factor is not how many decisions one makes, but how stressful those decisions are. Decisions for a CEO or a judge, where millions of dollars or someone's life and liberty are involved are by their very nature stressful. Deciding what model car to buy or whether to read one's mail or call a contact next are only stressful if you let them be stressful.

The advice given by Darius Foroux is good. Stress is related to how large a decision is and how long you have put off making the decision. So it makes sense to make a lot of small decisions without putting them off.

He says "I often say that there are no right or wrong decisions — only decisions."

I prefer to say "There are no right or wrong decisions - only different consequences".
June 2, 2018 at 0:20 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
And not deciding is a form of decision.
June 6, 2018 at 16:37 | Registered CommenterCricket
Cricket:

<< And not deciding is a form of decision. >>

There is however a difference between not getting around to doing anything about something and deciding not to do anything about something.

The consequences may be the same as far as the "something" is concerned. But they are very different as far as you are concerned. Not getting round to doing something confirms you in your laziness and indecision. Deciding to do nothing confirms and trains you in making decisions.
June 7, 2018 at 1:08 | Registered CommenterMark Forster