To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > "To think about ..." quote

Hi - a week or so ago, the "To think about..." quote to the right-hand side of the website was something about being idle being harder work than having employment, words to that effect. I meant to take a note at the time but forgot. Can anyone remind me of it? Is there a section where past quotes can be accessed? Thanks for your help.
August 12, 2018 at 22:45 | Unregistered CommenterMargaret1
“He has nothing to prevent him but too much idleness, which, I have observed fills up a man’s time much more completely and leaves him less his own master, than any sort of employment whatsoever.” –Edmund Burke

No, I don't keep any record of which quotes I've posted and when. But I do keep all past, present and future quotes, so as long as you can remember a word or two I may be able to find it. Best to copy it at the time though!
August 13, 2018 at 20:50 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Thanks for that, Mark - that's the one. I've already copied the current one - a reminder to me that my own version of ignoring reality will come back and bite me soon. I've been spending too much time planning work, and too little time doing it.
August 14, 2018 at 21:57 | Unregistered CommenterMargaret1
"A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." Lao Tzu
August 15, 2018 at 8:56 | Registered CommenterMark Forster