To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > You owe us nothing.

Mark,

You have given so much of your time and thinking. You owe us nothing, but I am concerned you are not well as you have not updated this blog in a while. Whether you choose to post information or not, I sincerely hope you are okay and wanted to thank you for your ideas on productivity.
September 28, 2019 at 18:57 | Unregistered CommenterEn.
I would echo these comments. Ten years ago I was between jobs for a long period. Reading the active forum really helped keep me going. I will be forever grateful for that.
September 29, 2019 at 18:32 | Unregistered CommenterMan of Kent
Man of Kent:

This site/forum was helpful to me at various times as well.
September 29, 2019 at 19:31 | Registered Commenteravrum
Yes, Mark’s words have been an inspiration to me as well. I’ve been reading the books again and finding there is gold yet to be discovered.
October 1, 2019 at 1:25 | Unregistered CommenterErin
I agree. This place is a nice place to play and be mildly sociable. Thanks for all you have done.
October 1, 2019 at 20:37 | Registered CommenterCricket
I agree as well. Thank you for sharing a part of you with us.

Brent
October 1, 2019 at 23:36 | Unregistered CommenterBrent
En. and all,

Thanks for the comments and concern. I haven't been ill, and I've just got back from holiday in Georgia (the country, not the state). My lack of posting is simply that at the age of 75 I have other interests now and only feel like adding something occasionally.
October 2, 2019 at 10:50 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
An observation:

David Allen (a bit younger than Mark) is making the rounds promoting the new GTD workbook. If the reviews are to be believed, it's not very good (I returned my copy. Similar to Covey's workbook for 7 Habits, it seems like a cash grab, and really doesn't add anything to the system).

Interestingly, in their 70s, Allen, Covey and Forster all seem(ed) to be enjoying the fruits of their labour.

However it seems only Forester continued to tweak, refine and push the boundaries in the areas of life management and productivity. While I don't think this strategy made him rich - milking AF would have likely been a more lucrative path - it does show Mark's character.

Personally, I'm re-reading Mark's first book and creating scatter maps every am. His thoughts and tools continue influence a lot of my workflow - both in practice, and principle.

Enjoy your time Mark.
October 2, 2019 at 13:52 | Registered Commenteravrum
Mark,

I'm happy you crossed Georgia off your to-visit list. I lived there for five years—and revisited this past summer. As an American, I've probably uttered "the country, not the state" five thousand times in my conversations over the years. Even then, still elicited blank stares or "Is that in Russia?" Hope you enjoyed the wine and food!

I'll echo everyone else's comments that this blog has been a tremendous influence on me. I consider Mark to be one of the foremost thinkers/experimenters on these topics, and his writings would be the first I'd recommend to anyone who needs to get their life/work into shape.

Skip GTD. Try DIT or AF first.
October 2, 2019 at 17:45 | Unregistered CommenterJacob
avrum - I agree, Mark keeps generating new and better ideas, far more than the other gurus, who seem to spend a lot of their attention monetizing their old ideas.

On the other hand, maybe Mark could market his own line of notebooks. Something like this, perhaps?

----------
The ORIGINAL SimpleScanning® Notebook

Now is your chance to supercharge your productivity with the ORIGINAL SimpleScanning® Notebook! Versatile and practical, the ORIGINAL SimpleScanning® Notebook in classic black is designed to increase productivity and efficiency throughout your working day. Its structured pages focus your thoughts on personal and group goals, while allowing your intuition to guide your action. A handy summary of the ORIGINAL SimpleScanning® method is printed inside the front cover, including the unique SimpleScanning® dotting technique (required for maximum effectiveness).

The ORIGINAL SimpleScanning® Notebook includes these valuable features:

-- hard or soft cover
-- rounded corners, elastic closure
-- inner pocket made from cardboard or cloth
-- handy ORIGINAL SimpleScanning® guide printed inside the front cover
-- ivory-colored, 70 g/m², acid-free paper
-- last 8 sheets detachable for Dynamic Lists
-- matching elastic closure and bookmark ribbon

BONUS - Every ORIGINAL SimpleScanning® Notebook comes with a FREE 4-page insert on the historical origins of the SimpleScanning® method!

$29.95 / 27.95 EUR - available online or at a retailer near you!
October 3, 2019 at 3:01 | Registered CommenterSeraphim
Seraphim: genius! and in perfect marketing-speak.
October 5, 2019 at 1:42 | Unregistered CommenterMaureen
I wonder if Mark has seen this “surpinsingly” masterpiece of proof reading

https://www.amazon.co.uk/surprinsingly-forget-things-them-Forster/dp/1086410491
December 1, 2019 at 18:13 | Unregistered CommenterGadgets
Gadgets:

Well spotned!

I've put a suitably caustic comment on the ad, though whether it will get through Amazon's censorship procedure I don't know.
December 2, 2019 at 9:48 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
What a surprinse!

(and your "review" is there, Mark).
December 2, 2019 at 19:19 | Unregistered Commentervegheadjones
Just noticed it says "copyrighted material" at the top!
December 2, 2019 at 23:22 | Unregistered CommenterGadgets