To Think About . . .

Success is the product of daily habits, not once-in-a-lifetime transformations. James Clear

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > How important is the order of tasks for Resistance: Zero?

Hi,

I have been using RZ for the past week and a half, and it has been working well. But I am running into the problem that I always have with the long continual list systems, my eyes glaze over parts of the list as I scan, so I don't engage in it fully all the time when I scan, which leaves me to wonder if I am missing out on the power of lessening resistance by frequent scanning.

Currently I use OneNote for my list, and have it in chronological order, but I am thinking of moving it to a program that would allow a random sort, so the list feels fresh every time. It is a bit of a move and change in my workflow to do this, so I wanted to see if anyone has thoughts about and/or tried this yet, either with RZ or any other MF long list system.
July 13, 2022 at 15:17 | Unregistered Commentervegheadjones
Based on my inconsistent pattern with the long list systems, I wonder if for some of us simply turning to a blank page and starting a new list is the answer. It's the quickest way to refresh a stale list.

If something's really urgent or on our minds, it will show up on the new list. If it isn't, it will fade away as it was always going to anyway. And you can put reminders in the new list to check the old list if there are niggling concerns that distract you.

(I once kept a couple of years of reference info in an old program called InfoSelect. When I moved to a new PC, I exported all that info to a text file. I never needed anything from that file again.)
July 13, 2022 at 15:46 | Unregistered CommenterMike Brown
vegheadjones:

<< my eyes glaze over parts of the list as I scan, so I don't engage in it fully all the time when I scan >>

This is why I always use written lists rather than electronic ones. You get much more of a feel for a list when it is written.

But even so, when your eyes glaze over you are probably taking in more about the list than you think.

My instinct about using a randomizer is that it will upset the natural progress of the list. But I've never tried it in those circumstances, so let us know how you get on.
July 13, 2022 at 16:02 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Mike Brown:

<< I wonder if for some of us simply turning to a blank page and starting a new list is the answer. It's the quickest way to refresh a stale list. >>

My experience with doing this is it's the quickest way to destroy the progression of the list. You go back to square one whenever you do it and all the behind-the-scenes mental advance gets lost.

Bear in mind that if you have tasks which are no longer relevant, you can always just delete them.

Info Select? I used that when it was called "Tornado Notes". But it did what so many apps do - add feature after feature without getting the basic ones stable.
July 13, 2022 at 16:08 | Registered CommenterMark Forster