To Think About . . .

Success is the product of daily habits, not once-in-a-lifetime transformations. James Clear

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > My PKM system

Here is a link to a video about how I manage my PKM in Workflowy. Interested in hearing feedback or how you manage your system.

https://youtu.be/5ReeIrqvEAo
August 24, 2022 at 21:25 | Registered CommenterCafe655
Interesting. In my case I wire all notes through the outline-task system found in the Sooner or Later post. That is, primarily I enter information into the system for the purpose of doing something with that information. This bias leads me to not attempt to capture things like that quote you found. But I’m not a writer so I wouldn’t want a set of quotes for any purpose. If I were, I would have a recurring task to look for quotes to use, make that task part of my writing project, and the quotes would be stored with that task.

So then subject and project drive the organizing. Instead of Unique identifiers, I simply use a hyperlink to the item. To find the information later, that happens automatically when the process of walking through the tasks leads me to the project and step that would use it.
August 25, 2022 at 1:08 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
Cafe655:

First, let me say I like your coffee mug, it's beautiful, and with that brand name I guess it's somewhat a duty of yours to feature nice mugs.

Some other aspects of your set up are also nice…
…and text files. We know a geek's life is not complete without a proper text files rep…

Yeah, regarding your PKM stuff as featured in the video, a couple * of thoughts…

1. There is this dynamic with #tagging and #categorization of this kind of stuff, that the more content (Zettel) you have in your database, the less useful each #tag becomes.

Practically that means that the granularity of your #tags should be calibrated to the overall number of Zettel you expect to accumulate over the lifetime of your Zettelkasten. As far as I can tell from the distance here, there is probably room for improvement to be found for you.

2. You say you don't need the whole Zettelkasten thing as a basis for lots of writing, that this thing is supposed to be, but at some point you also talk about being a writer. Which one is it? You probably could profit from clarifying further, what each component of your PKM is supposed to do for you. Otherwise you could end up doing a lot of shuffling work without having anything to show for it.

Anyway, I wish you a lot of success with your writing!

----

* Yes, exactly two of them.
September 3, 2022 at 15:29 | Unregistered CommenterChristopher