To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Goals

Hi Mark, I really struggle with mid to long term goal setting. I'm fine at setting short term goals up to say 12 months in advance but I find it difficult to set myself goals much beyond that.Is there a book that you would recommend on the subject of goal setting? Cheers, Steve
April 22, 2008 at 18:21 | Unregistered CommenterSteveH
Hi Mark. I guess my earlier post was a bit of a daft question - I've just re-read a review of your book "How to Make Your Dreams Come True", which appears to be about "Goals". However, it would seem that getting hold of a new copy is difficult at the moment. Do you have any idea if/when new stocks will be available?

Cheers
Steve
May 6, 2008 at 13:39 | Unregistered CommenterSteveH
Hi, Steve

Sorry I missed your first question.

In answer to your second one, I don't have any information about this at present, but I'll try and find out for you.
May 6, 2008 at 14:12 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Hi Steve

I know this reply will be endorsed by Mark as he has this site on his other sites to visit roster. (check the lower left side of any of these pages to find Mark's Useful blogs List and click on Steve Pavlina. He has both introduced me to new material and reacquainted me with things I regularly use. He's both a brilliant man and a very good coach/guide. His articles are both illuminating and offer real, hands on instructions and guidance. In fact, his site is my home page! Often I'll use his articles to jump-start either my daily journaling or to provide an enriching mental context to "work my plans/goals"
Give it a go! It's not a false promise of quick results. Instead, it's both rational and pratical methods and mindsets to create the life you want. It continues to aide me tremendously and I've been using his guidance for a long time! (i.e. It does grow stale! LOL!) Be prepared to both learn and apply yourself. He has little or no tolerance for flimsy "I can't" attitudes!
Good Luck!
May 6, 2008 at 15:41 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
oops! typo...It does NOT grow stale! *blush*
May 6, 2008 at 15:43 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
p.s. another use...
When I'm either on a monitored break or I find that my energy is starting to flag, I either read Mark's or Steve's blog entries to keep me focused on working my plan and to reinvigorate myself! These blogs will offer your mind a respite from work blocks yet don't endanger you into an internet blackhole. Each article on both sites are self-contained. Caution: Don't overuse the related posts links! Instead, use them as your carrot for your next break! Works like a charm!
May 6, 2008 at 15:49 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
Thanks for your reply Mark and to "learning as I go" for the advice, I'll check out Steve Palina's website and the others that Mark has listed.
Cheers
Steve
May 7, 2008 at 23:25 | Unregistered CommenterSteveH