To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Are you okay Mark?

Hi Mark,

We have not heard from you in quite a while, Mark. Are you okay? How is your back? I do hope you and your family are well.

Best wishes,
-David
April 28, 2008 at 19:06 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Drake
Hi Mark
I truly hope that you are busy researching and/or experimenting (or even on holiday) rather than still suffering from back pain. I truly hope all is well with you. If not, my prayers are with you hoping for your earlist recovery.
vickie
April 29, 2008 at 4:32 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
Hello Mark,

Yes, I too hope you are well.
April 29, 2008 at 13:50 | Unregistered CommenterJohn D
Hope you are doing well also. Please give a quick update if possible.
April 29, 2008 at 17:01 | Unregistered CommenterKS
I got an email from Mark just three days ago as an answer to a query I sent him, so I hope there is nothing to worry about.
April 29, 2008 at 17:37 | Unregistered CommenterAlex W.
Thanks to everyone who has expressed concern about my wellbeing. I am in fact perfectly ok - just being lazy, which is one of the benefits of being semi-retired!
April 30, 2008 at 16:03 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Hi Mark
I'm SO GLAD to hear that you're doing well! But I have a small sticking point with your reply......

Since when is enjoying life as you wish necessarily being lazy? You're simply using your well-earned right to focus on whatever you like even if that involves enjoying the sensations of being in a hammock! LOL! ENJOY!!! We'll next hear from you when it's right for you!
vickie
April 30, 2008 at 17:24 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
p.s.
Your attitude makes me giggle because my very British father also believed that time was wasted when you're not accomplishing something. Fortunately his Gaelic wife and his 5 half-bred children were willing to devote YEARS in teaching him how to guiltlessly enjoy our annual month at the seaside resort which he felt good about earning for his family yet, felt guilty to enjoy! LOL! ENJOY your retirement with the same intensity of fervor that you used for your profession!
Think Gaelic! LOL!
vickie
April 30, 2008 at 17:33 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
Hi Vickie

I said I was being lazy, not that I was wasting time.

Very different things!

See http://www.markforster.net/blog/2007/5/14/in-praise-of-doing-nothing.html
May 1, 2008 at 10:10 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Hi Mark
LOL! This relates quite well to your posting today. I define lazy as not doing what you're supposed to be doing. I define relaxing as just that (not as escape from something else....it's merits are in the relaxing itself!) Semantics do play a huge role....I love your posting today to be more mindful in how we use language in our own minds as well! In fact, I think I might use that as one of my journaling subjects to excavate my own internal language and how I interpret my own language and their implied definitions and CUES!
Thanks again for that brilliant insight!
vickie
May 2, 2008 at 18:47 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go