To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Your thoughts on this, Mark?

Hi Mark,

Here is an interesting post on a GTD blog. I thought you would find this interesting because this is at the heart of "Do it Tomorrow". What are your thoughts here?

http://www.davidco.com/blogs/kelly/

-David
September 10, 2008 at 23:43 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Drake
Thanks for drawing my attention to this, David. I've left a comment on the post.
September 11, 2008 at 8:50 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Which post was it, I could not find it.

Thanks
September 11, 2008 at 16:01 | Unregistered CommenterGerry
Mark,

I can't find your post either. Perhaps there is a waiting period so they can review submissions before they are posted? Could you please add your post here so we can see what you said?

Thanks,
-David
September 11, 2008 at 16:28 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Drake
Yes, you're right. My comment has been removed (or not approved by the moderator). They probably don't accept contributions from promoters of rival systems - a short-sighted policy in my view but it's their blog and they can do what they want!

Unfortunately I didn't keep a copy of what I posted - it was nothing earth-shattering I assure you.
September 12, 2008 at 10:13 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Oh my goodness -- that is SO incredibly short-sighted! Why are they afraid of discourse on this topic. Well, I will yell it very loud here -- this is what makes DIT so special in that it creates a buffer to all of the incoming stuff so that one can focus -- got that Folks -- FOCUS -- on what you have important and on your plate for the day. It has made all of the difference in the world in my work. I am more productive, efficient, and able to enjoy my work days more than I ever have been in the past due to DIT. There are many good things about GTD that I do adapt -- a Waiting For list, a Someday/Maybe list -- but my workflow is DIT and it works!

Best to all,
-David
September 12, 2008 at 13:55 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Drake
Hi Mark,

Your comments are now posted on the GTD blog -- check it out.

-David
September 16, 2008 at 14:05 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Drake
Thanks, David

Like I said - nothing earth-shattering!
September 17, 2008 at 8:19 | Registered CommenterMark Forster