To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Trouble implementing new approach in Outlook 2007

Hi Mark,

I am having trouble figuring out how to implement your new approach in Outlook 2007. It was east with standard DIT -- I had the to-do bar setup to show tasks by start date. New tasks coming in from others or my planning by default would be on tomorrow's list. But with your new approach, this does not work. I have tried to add new tasks "below the drawn line" as tasks with no start date. This seems to work, but when I have my current list done and am ready "to draw a new line", I have to one by one change all of the tasks that have accumulated in my no start date section to a start date of today. I cannot seen to find a way to do this all at once. This is tedious and makes a digital approach more time consuming than if I was just doing this on paper!

I wish to continue with my digital approach, but am not sure how to implement your changes in Outlook 2007. Please advise -- and any others out there that use Outlook 2007 too!

Thanks,
-David
November 19, 2008 at 14:11 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Drake
I figured it out! If one right-clicks on the header of "no start date", one gets a menu list. One of these is "follow-up" with a sublist of possibilities. If one chooses today, a prompt will tell you that this action will be on all of the tasks in this list -- and pronto -- all of the tasks that were in the "no start date" category are now in a start date of today category. So this works fast and well with Mark's new approach for the closed, will-do lists!

Cheers!

-David
November 19, 2008 at 14:48 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Drake
Glad you figured it out for yourself, David. I'm not the best person to ask as I use pen and paper!
November 19, 2008 at 14:52 | Registered CommenterMark Forster