To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Dealing with a (random event) boss

Hi. I have just finished reading DIT and am really keen to implement the ideas in the book. my work involves large numbers of projects all running concurrently and all at various stages. so the DIT system is perfect to help me get my work done. the to do list has never worked that well for me so i'm looking forward to using the DIT ideas when back at work.

The question i have is how to deal with a boss who i think is a random event in himself! our office lurches from one crisis to another which generally involves everyone in the office working on the most urgent (or most neglected) project until it is complete enough to keep clients quiet for a little while. this then puts all of my project planning behind, all of my daily tasks behind etc.

i don't think it's possible to get my boss onto the DIT system (mainly due to his personality) but how can i 'plan' for these random events?

Thanks!
January 1, 2009 at 23:01 | Unregistered CommenterLaura
Laura:

I'd recommend you to sign up for my new Autofocus system test. I think it is more suited to your sort of situation than DIT.
http://www.markforster.net/blog/2008/12/22/new-developments-testers-wanted.html
January 2, 2009 at 8:19 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Laura

You are not alone. There are plenty of bosses like that! You won't be able to control him but you can limit the damage by looking ahead, anticipating work/events, discussing them with your boss and scheduling the work with the help of DIT.

I'm a PA and I spend my life telling the boss what to do and where to go. He'd nevereven get out of the door otherwise!
January 4, 2009 at 23:27 | Unregistered CommenterCaroline