To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Book Darts

The other day I bought some book darts ~ (they are at Barnes & Noble, by the book marks, or see bookdarts.com)

They are just the right size, and wonderful for marking where I am on the page. If I get sidetracked, I know exactly where I left off, and they are easy to move around.

They're also good for marking a task "in progress" (Sometimes I can do two tasks at once, such as listening to an audio lecture while doing a mindless task).

Sarah J
March 17, 2009 at 19:52 | Unregistered CommenterSarah J
I found that a very simple method of marking the current task is to mark it with an empty circle. When it's complete, I highlight the task with a marker, but I don't fill in the circle until I start doing the next task.
That way, I can finish up tasks and take a break (or sleep) and know where I left off.
March 17, 2009 at 21:16 | Unregistered CommenterOisín
I've found that book darts are a good alternative to Post-It flags - they don't lose their "stick", and they don't lift fresh ink off the page. Recommended :)
March 18, 2009 at 15:21 | Unregistered CommenterJonathan H
Since years, I have the habit to put a > before anything that is a task - be it in scribbles regarding a project, be it on a list, be it wherever - and to circle the > and strike out the text behind it once the task is done. (As a counterpart, I use the < for things I am waiting for.)

So, of course, I use the same signs on my AF list. The only difference: I circle the > once I START the task, and I strike out the text once I STOP. So, to circle the > is my act of committment, as Mark Forster said.

When I leave the AF notebook in the evening, I put an * before the last task I was working on. When I return, I circle the *. This way, I know all the time where I left off, because there should be only one free * at any time.
March 18, 2009 at 17:06 | Unregistered CommenterAndreasE