To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Autofocus for Fitness

I set up a separate autofocus list called "fitness" last week and it's working quite well. I don't have a set routine for fitness, but I have specific goals I am trying to reach, so I started by listing the goals like "Do 100 pushups" and "Run 5k". Each time I do something towards that goal, I mark it down with the date and note the progress like this: "Push-ups: 37/100" The next time I am in the mood to work out, I check the list and try to at least equal or improve my current level. I then note the date and write down the new level at the end of the list.

I like this more than any other way of tracking my fitness because I can see when I added the item and how long it's been since I did it. Very motivating.
March 19, 2009 at 19:11 | Unregistered CommenterGretchen Cawthon
Gretchen,

Interesting post, see http://hundredpushups.com for advice. I had got to 60 when an old injury re-appeared, not due to the push-ups! I must start again, I need to get my 61 year-old back and shoulders in condition for dragging my luggage around airports on assignments.
March 19, 2009 at 19:33 | Unregistered CommenterRoger J
Thanks. I'm finding that it works for me mainly because I work from home and I'm not on a strict schedule. I also have a back injury (shattered L4) so I can work out when I feel like it and still track my progress even if I can't do all exercises every day. I also like having options to choose from. If I don't feel like doing pushups today, I might go for a run instead so I can mark that off my list. I still did something and moved closer to my goal.
March 19, 2009 at 22:17 | Unregistered CommenterGretchen Cawthon