To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Going onto the next page & when to dismiss

I'm a student with a lot of classes and meetings scattered throughout the day. As a result, I frequently have 10-20 minute gaps to fill.

The problem I'm having is that on hectic days I seem to spend all my time on my first page because I never have time to complete more than one item at a given break in my schedule. So when I come back to it later, I'm back at the first page and my current understanding is that I have to either do something that stands out or dismiss the entire page.

In other words, if I do an item on my first page and then go to a meeting and come back and rescan the first page and nothing stands out at me, do I have to dismiss everything on the first page or does the pass through of the page prior to the meeting "count" such that I can just go onto the second page?

Thanks.
March 21, 2009 at 3:14 | Unregistered CommenterSarah
Hi Sarah

When you go back to AF after a break, then you start from the point you were at and then move on. If you have done something on the first page then you move on to the second and so on. It sounds as if you are starting from the first page every time, rather than moving on to the next. In the example you give above, if you have done an item on the first page, go to a meeting and come back, if nothing else stands out on that page then you move onto the second - you have done an item on that page on that visit. It is only when you come back to the first page "after" the last page that you start again, then and either do at least one item or dismiss.
March 21, 2009 at 8:36 | Unregistered CommenterChristine B
Hi Christine,
Thanks for the clarification. That makes a lot of sense!

Sarah
March 21, 2009 at 16:10 | Unregistered CommenterSarah