To Think About . . .

Nothing is foolproof because fools are ingenious. Anon

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Only 3 active pages is boring

I finally got down to 3 active pages, and I have to admit, it's kind of boring. (Technically only 2 pages since the last item on the oldest page is to pay my son for the month of March - hmmm I could dismiss it....) :-) OTOH, 22 active pages just a week or so ago wasn't incredibly fun either, but I felt a surge of energy in wanting to bring down the numbers. Somewhere there's a happy medium, and I'm sure I'll find it. I promised myself that once I got below 5 pages, I'd go through the dismissed items from my earlier dumping/dismissing sessions, which I have, and there's nothing I'm prepared to bring back in just yet.

Once the next hard week at work is over, I'm planning to bring 2-3 of my renovation projects onto the list (one easy, one harder). I'm not sure where to start though as by this time I had initially planned to spend April-May working outside on the yard, deck, garage etc., but the weather isn't cooperating with me. Whatever happened to global warming??

I miss the variety that I had with my old, longer list. Yet I don't want to get to the point again of dumping onto the list and dismissing later. I've created a void of sorts, and need to fill it with something other than cleaning and renovating. Finally, I have time to pursue a hobby that works with discretionary time! At least until the weather cooperates and I can go hiking and play tennis again.
March 28, 2009 at 19:41 | Unregistered CommenterJacqueline
Hi Jacqueline

I'm quite enjoying all my pages :-) Sad huh?
March 28, 2009 at 22:37 | Unregistered CommenterChristine B
Probably because you have a wide variety on your list Christine and I don't. :-( The only backlog I started out with was the a bit of a messy house and the renos. The dog's getting lots of walks today anyway and tomorrow I'll go into work to keep myself occupied and to be able to work without interruption.

I've started cooking more elaborate meals lately, which is usually a sign that I'm not stressed out. Something tells me I'll be going skiing next weekend. It's nice to be able to plan for something like that and not feel that I should be doing something more "productive". Although that does fulfil the "fitness" task on my list too. :-)
March 29, 2009 at 2:41 | Unregistered CommenterJacqueline
Too wide a variety I think sometimes .....! I'd love to go skiing again .....
March 29, 2009 at 8:17 | Unregistered CommenterChristine B
Mmm...why haven't I been skiing since 1970? He mused, reaching for his list. That'll frighten the boys...
March 29, 2009 at 8:42 | Unregistered CommenterWill
Will, you don't know what you're missing then. Parabolic skis have revolutionized skiing. There's far greater control over speed and direction, and if you haven't done it in awhile, you won't fall like you would have with the old style straight skis.

And do wear a helmet.
March 29, 2009 at 13:57 | Unregistered CommenterJacqueline
Jacqueline,

You raise a good point. If you are down to just a few pages of boring tasks, add fun stuff. The system can be self-balancing [I am flinching in anticipation of Mike's comment on this] if you allow it to be.
March 29, 2009 at 15:40 | Unregistered Commentermoises
You're right moises. I like restricting my list to things that I either won't get around to doing on a timely basis, or won't get to at all. Whether that's emailing friends I've sort of lost touch with or projects that are enjoyable that I haven't spent time with lately like knitting, there are lots of things that I'm thinking of adding in now that I enjoy that I wouldn't have before when my list felt too long.
March 29, 2009 at 16:23 | Unregistered CommenterJacqueline
I try to keep some "wishlist" tasks on my list. I am talking about things I really want to do but don't think I will get around to. They end up being either dismissed, or I get cool surprising things done, a little at a time.
March 30, 2009 at 0:31 | Unregistered CommenterDrCris