To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > My apologies to All

Hi Mark and friends on this forum,

I wish to apologize for my abrupt and rude behavior yesterday when I commented on Mark's development of a new system. I had one of the worst days yesterday in memory -- both professionally and personally. On the latter, I was notified that an Aunt...who was like a second mother to me...passed away. And then a few hours late, a close friend called me to tell me that his son died mysteriously at college.

Not a good day for me, but no excuse for lashing out at Mark and others. My apologies to all. And yes, I am staying here....and with Autofocus....or Mark's new adaptation....

Best wishes,
-David
May 1, 2009 at 13:53 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Drake
Dear David:

It's always good to have you on the forum and I do understand only too well how circumstances can get on top of one. My condolences on your two bereavements.
May 1, 2009 at 14:05 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
David: Very sorry to hear your shocking news. Here's hoping that AF/DIT/whatever will help you to keep things going on a practical level while you deal with what's happened on a personal level. Best wishes to you.
May 1, 2009 at 16:22 | Unregistered CommenterMargaret1
Dear David, I am with you. Sometime life is quite hard. And it can give you so much too even the next morning. So my condoleance and best wishes to you to face what happened and i shall be very happy to read your post which were indeed interesting. Jupiter
May 1, 2009 at 16:51 | Unregistered CommenterJupiter
David, So sorry to hear about your losses. (I think a lot of us know each other well enough by now to give the "benefit of the doubt" on some postings.) Sincerest condolences.
May 1, 2009 at 17:13 | Unregistered CommenterBev
David, condolences on your bereavements. It can make other things seem trivial and bring what matters to the fore. I've been appreciating your contributions here for a long time here, and look forward to many more.
May 1, 2009 at 18:47 | Unregistered CommenterLaurence
David,

My condolesces as well.
May their names be as blessings to you and yours.
Your posts are a great contribution to this community.
I am glad to hear that you will be staying around.

--SIDE NOTE: I've been in and out and around and through a number of discussion boards on time management and its various incarnations. This is the most supportive and community oriented board I think I've seen. There is a comraderie and sense of community in this discussion board that I've not seen elsewhere. thank you!
May 1, 2009 at 22:17 | Unregistered Commentermary
Hi David

So sorry to hear things are so difficult at present - thinking of you.
May 2, 2009 at 19:42 | Unregistered CommenterChristine B
You all have touched my heart -- thanks so much.

-David
May 2, 2009 at 20:43 | Unregistered CommenterDavid Drake
David, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, view and opinions aside, that is a day none of us would wish to have had. I look forward to your return when life permits.

With very best wishes
May 2, 2009 at 23:12 | Unregistered Commentertitch
David, my prayers are for you and the other family as you mourn. Good to see you around here again in light of the circumstances.
May 3, 2009 at 2:35 | Unregistered CommenterRich
David,

Sorry to hear of your losses. You mentioned that it had been tough professionally as well. Your lashing out sounded much like me. Sometimes I look back as you did and find that you took out your frustrations (and sadness/grief) on others.

It is good to hear that you are sticking around. As others have said, your insight is a valuable addition.

I can't speak for all, but I accept your apology.
May 3, 2009 at 6:06 | Unregistered CommenterMartyH
Dear David,

Please know we are all thinking of you, and so sorry for your losses. Take care, and I always enjoy your posts.

May 3, 2009 at 12:46 | Unregistered CommenterCilla

InfoThis thread has been locked.