To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Tally mark tweak/hack (for statistics)

I like to observe my productivity with AF. How many tasks do I add each day and how many do I close? The first number is easy to count but not the second.

I created a simple hack as follows. When I cross off a task with the pink highligher
(indicating completion) I draw a tally mark agains today's date. If I dismiss a task, then I use the fluorescent yellow marker. The extra effort involved is so minimal .. maybe 0.5 seconds per task.

Now I can glance at my diary and see very quickly if I am tending to close less tasks than I am adding or more. Over the last few weeks I appear to be falling further behind, so I need some concentrated time to do more work or to dismiss some items.

May 12, 2009 at 6:42 | Unregistered CommenterCharles
Thanks, Charles. A great tip - so simple and yet I hadn't thought of it before. It will solve my problem of how to keep a tab of completed/dismissed items, which I've been puzzling with for some time.
May 12, 2009 at 7:50 | Unregistered CommenterRobina