To Think About . . .

Success is the product of daily habits, not once-in-a-lifetime transformations. James Clear

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Slideshare presentation on Autofocus

I created a Slideshare Presentation to explain the system to my friends.
http://www.slideshare.net/charles_in_oz/auto-focus-1543619

Mark, I made it very clear that the system is YOUR work and not mine, and my presentation clearly states it is the story of my implementation. I trust that the restating of the rules and use of book covers and your image (from your web site) is fair use.

Charles
June 7, 2009 at 2:18 | Unregistered CommenterCharles
Well done.
June 7, 2009 at 4:41 | Unregistered CommenterSilvia
Charles - loved the presentation. And your explanation of how you quantify productivity is interesting. Very helpful.

One point... I think the intuition really needs to be highlighted when "selling" this system to others. It is the one element, IMHO, that really sets this apart from all others.
June 7, 2009 at 6:06 | Unregistered CommenterAvrum
Avrum, thanks for your feedback. Someone else said the same thing. I need a slide that says "How does this system work?" and as you said, INTUITION is the answer.
I think the idea of the desire to close a list (complete a page) comes into play.

I will await further feedback and make an updated version.

Charles
June 7, 2009 at 11:28 | Unregistered CommenterCharles
Well done Charles, it is a clear way of demonstrating Autofocus.

Perhaps mention that 'dismissing' items doesn't mean they are dismissed forever, just 'for now', you can always go back to them later if necessary?

I enjoyed watching it, many thanks for the reminder of how we should be doing it in its basic form.

June 7, 2009 at 14:48 | Unregistered CommenterNick
Great Charles. Very well done ! it is very intresting the way you done with AF. I gona make à link to it on my web site. Congratulation ! Hope Mark will like it too. Sure he will !!!!
June 7, 2009 at 16:57 | Unregistered CommenterJupiter
I was laconic but really liked it and would repeat others appreciation.
Have you participated in GTD's groups before?
June 8, 2009 at 4:02 | Unregistered CommenterSilvia
Charles:

Two points:

1) I note in the slides that you seem to be using three highlighting colours (orange, green and violet), but you only mention two colours in the instructions. What's the significance of the three colours - or are orange and violet intended to be the same colour? In which case maybe it would be less confusing if you redid the slides with a consistent colour throughout.

2) If I want to keep track of the date on which an item has been completed, instead of writing the date after the item, I write the day only in the left-hand margin (e.g. I would write an 8 for today June 8th). It's only necessary to write the month as well if the item is over a month old. Having them lined up in the left-hand margin makes it far quicker to compare and extract dates - and you can also insert today's date very quickly at the end of the day against all tasks completed that day, rather than have to remember to do it for each individual item as you complete it.
June 8, 2009 at 11:17 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Mark,

Thanks for your comments. Good point about the highlight colour.
The orange and violet should be the same. I must have used a different
highlight pen at the office. I will rescan some new pages for the
update to the presentation.

Thank you for the suggestion about writing the dates on the left hand side.
Most practical!

Charles
June 9, 2009 at 8:16 | Unregistered CommenterCharles