To Think About . . .

Success is the product of daily habits, not once-in-a-lifetime transformations. James Clear

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > AF /Project and contexts

Hi all,
Still there ! just t tell you that it goes again pretty well with AF i begin little by little to find a way of work wich accepts the big amounts of task i have to do everydays.
Here is how i do for the moment
1. Creating the all project on Omnifocus
2. Report all tasks on AF like this @context / Task //PROJECT//[END DATE]
3. CRoss when finished and add did date at the beginning of the item.
4. For the rule do as usual exept if you work on a project and want to finish it read all your list and do all tasks about the //project//
5. If you want to work by @context follow all your list by project and context or by context.
6. When you are waiting something (people or event) highline it in green.
7. Of course date each day and cross a line at the en d of the day.
8. Report all your active projects on the page marge
9. Put a red .dot for each business Hot project, blue .dot for each wich may become a business (medium), black .dot for each cold project may becoming medium or hot.
10. read the green hihgline at lest once a day and decide what to do with them
11. Dont use colors to dismiss things just put a X after if it doesnt stand at you. 3 cross and it is definitivly dissmiss and cross except if you decides to make it an active item.
11. take notes on a special page you choose
12. If a project is complicatedjust make a little heuristique or some box explaining the steps of the project and report ask in AF

AND FOR THE REST RESPECT RESPECT & RESPECT AF RULES !!!!!

The advantage is
- planificaion of big parts of the project
- Finding a context, a project or a waiting task is easy
Things are quiet clear. I realised that most of project doesnt need any planification and reflexion. it goes on the flow.

Hope it will help.
June 10, 2009 at 19:44 | Unregistered CommenterJupiter
Jupiter - sounds rather complex. Could you do the following:

1. Use a notebook. Run AF from the back. Use for notes from the front.

2. Just list tasks in AF. Don't list tasks for projects unless you've agreed to do it or its a great idea and you don't want to forget it.

3. Have a list of projects in the front of the notebook.

4. Pick a couple of projects to work on each day. Work on the projects and the AF task list as you fancy.

5. Plan out projects in the front of the book if complex.

June 10, 2009 at 20:07 | Unregistered CommenterMan of Kent
Thanks good ideas gona try.
June 10, 2009 at 21:09 | Unregistered CommenterJupiter
Hi man
I did what you said and i must admit it's a good way. I like putting tasks at the end and taking note in the front. But I need a precision. Ok i put my list of project at th beginning of my note book.

1. But what's abou the projects it self do you put it in a binder, in a program such as omnifocus, outlook, word, or even evernote

2. You said "2. Just list tasks in AF. Don't list tasks for projects unless you've agreed to do it or its a great idea and you don't want to forget it." does it mean thet you only put active tasks on AF list and let the non active in your project or did you mean something else ?

Anyway , There is something which is quit impossible for me working on 2 project per day i often work on 5 ou 6 but little by little because if i take 1 or two i would never sell my buildings !!!
June 11, 2009 at 21:39 | Unregistered CommenterJupiter