To Think About . . .

Success is the product of daily habits, not once-in-a-lifetime transformations. James Clear

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Question on Price Point for Ebook

Mark has been generous enough to give away AF. I wrote a time management ebook which has also so far been free. The question is, would you pay for something like AF or my Simple Guide to Time Management, and if so what do people think is an appropriate price. I have been working on two other ebooks, one on time managment and one on goal achievement and while I don't make my living as an author wouldn't mind making a little something for the effort. Thoughts are appreciated.

Gerry
June 16, 2009 at 4:47 | Unregistered CommenterGerry
Maybe try an AF approach: Add several prices on your AF list. When one of them "stands out", then go set up a website and offer it for sale at that price. Later, when another one of the price stands out, set up a separate website and offer it for sale at the second price. See which one works better.

Or maybe, when a new price stands out, just go change the price on your one website, and see what happens.

Or take a lesson from Excedrin Migraine. It's *exactly the same* as regular Excedrin. It's just packaged differently. And costs twice as much.
June 16, 2009 at 5:44 | Unregistered CommenterSeraphim
Five pounds. If you want to go higher I suggest a no quibble refund policy.
June 16, 2009 at 7:52 | Unregistered CommenterMan of Kent
I agree - between £5 and £10 would be good.
June 16, 2009 at 8:13 | Unregistered CommenterNick
I agree, £5-10 max with a 30 day refund.
June 16, 2009 at 14:46 | Unregistered CommenterJonathan in London
Gerry, you might be interested in this "Make your price sell" approach:

http://myps.sitesell.com/

(I have no affiliation but this is something I would recommend to my clients.)
June 16, 2009 at 16:44 | Unregistered CommenterBev
Bev - thanks for the link to sitesell. Very interesting!

This reminded me of something. I've noticed that in some markets, information products can be EXTREMELY expensive. For example, commodities traders and real estate brokers can spend $3000 on a weekend seminar, or $499 on an e-book. If they come away with just one or two good ideas from a seminar or e-book like that, it will have paid for itself within a short time.

So, maybe in addition to the sitesell ideas, you could also target your e-Book to a market like that. Something like "Time Management for Real Estate Agents". And then sell it for $799.

Hmm, maybe I'll try it myself. :-)
June 17, 2009 at 3:46 | Unregistered CommenterSeraphim